Sunday, November 15, 2009

Where to Shop?

When I came to Tech in the fall, I wanted to find the best place to buy any necessary items I may need during the week. These items include snacks, school supplies, and Tech gear like sweatshirts. I considered factors such as travel time, transportation, and of course, price. I've found that Burdell's is my best bet in terms of these factors.

I've never actually used the grocery shuttle to go to Publix, but I have heard that this shuttle only runs on weekends and comes every hour. While Publix is the cheapest in terms of prices, it is also inconvenient because it is out of walking distance and the shuttles can take too long.

East and West Side Markets are definitely convenient in terms of location, as they are located close to the freshmen dorms. However, the prices are insane! I am sure anyone who has tried to purchase something at either market will agree that the convenience of location is not worth the high prices.

Burdell's is located in the Student Center, a place that I pass through at least once a day. It is within walking distance from my dorm, and the Stinger has a stop there. I believe the prices are also pretty reasonable. Not counting tax, prices of candy bars sold at Burdell's are equal to the prices of candy bars sold in vending machines. Burdell's is also stocked with all things Tech, including hoodies, car stickers, and planners. They are actually having a 25% off sale on all hoodies until November 28th! To me, Burdell's is the best place to stop for snacks and other items you may want to purchase while at Tech.

1 comment:

  1. Luckily I haven't had to shop much--especially given that I live just a bit away.

    However, you could try Target as well in Atlantic Station--it's worth it just to see the cart escalator :D.

    ReplyDelete