Sunday, November 29, 2009

Thanksgiving

Thanksgiving, a time when a family can just spend time with one another. This Thanksgiving was a really relaxing holiday, considering the fact that I got no work done whatsoever. For Thanksgiving, I went to visit some close friends of my family in Birmingham, Alabama. According to my mom, I have known my childhood friend since I was 1. Anyways, the drive was about two hours and my family and I arrived at about 1 in the morning (then slept of course). Morning came and we drove to my uncle's(in Chinese culture, friends of the parents are called uncles, aunts, brothers, and sisters to you) restaurant because it was planned that we were to have Thanksgiving dinner there. Usually, during Thanksgiving, we would have turkey, ham, mashed potatoes, etc., but for some odd reason my family decided to have hot pot instead. The hot pot was amazing compared to what I usually had in Brittain: clams, shrimp, assorted meatballs, and lobster. The meal was quite amazing. Afterward, like typical Asians, everyone went to sing karaoke, of course I sang too. My friend and my younger brothers sang a lot of Backstreet Boys and N-Sync and acted very silly upstage the whole time. We had a lot of fun, and singing (horribly) was really stress-reliving. Thanksgiving was really fun and I can't wait until I see my childhood friend again.

No comments:

Post a Comment