Wednesday, November 18, 2009

New food at dining hall

I was making my way through the dining hall as usual when I noticed something different about the layout of the different sections. The place where they served pasta was replaced by another section. It read 'Chillie Cheese Fries'. I was both disappointed and excited. Disappointed because the pasta stall was no longer there and excited because there was something new to eat in the dining hall. I had no hesitation in trying it out. It was a plate of fries with chillie and a creamy cheese along with mushrooms and onions. It was not extraordinary but was pretty decent and something new always tastes good. I wouldn't mind having it again but I guess regular eating would make the taste stale. I think one should try it probably once a week or so. By the way, the pasta stall was relocated to the center where the omlette bar normally is. Now pasta will receive the recognition it deserves and I as always had to have a serving of pasta no matter how good the other food is.

5 comments:

  1. Was this at Brittain or Woody's?

    I think they would be nice once in a while, but I wouldn't want them to replace the pasta.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pasta definitely needs to be in the middle! Thats the only thing I eat now because I am sick of everything and the pasta is so good everytime. Are the chilli cheese fries the same as the ones that are near the grill?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah i eat the pasta about everyday, sometime even lunch and dinner. I always feel bad after I leave the dining hall and I have eaten unhealthy. Eating healthy can be difficult when foods such as chilly cheese fries are substituted for pasta.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It was Brittain and today when I went to the dining hall the pasta bar was back to it's original place.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I actually haven't tried pasta at the dining halls yet. Woodys usually has a pasta stall, but I never get any pasta because I don't know which herbs and ingredients to tell the chef to put in. I think I'm going to watch someone else order next time I'm there and try to imitate them.

    ReplyDelete