Sunday, November 15, 2009

Pho '96


This Vietnamese restaurant located on Buford highway is my "Go To" place for pho (Vietnamese noodles). If you guys have not eaten here yet, I highly recommend it! I used to come to Atlanta regularly when I lived in Richmond Hill (a little south of Savannah) because my sister lives here. Every time my family and I would visit my sister, we would always eat at this place. Pho '96 has the best pho I have ever eaten. The rice noodles were plentiful and have the perfect texture that makes one want to make the loudest noises whenever eating them. On top of that, the broth that the noodles are placed in is very flavorful, and anyone who does not drink it all would be considered crazy (to me anyways). I would always order the #4 (meatballs) medium-sized. The medium-sized bowl is actually quite large and the x-large (no large is served) is gargantuous, and can probably fit 2.5 medium bowls. I also highly recommend their spring rolls. Each order consists of two rolls and they are served with lettuce and dipping sauce. One should wrap the roll with the lettuce and dip it into the sauce for an overwhelming sensation of joy (I may have over exaggerated a little) . One can never get too tired of pho and spring rolls at Pho '96.

http://www.foodiechat.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/07/beef%20pho.jpg

7 comments:

  1. Sounds really good and just looking at the picture is making me hungry. Where exactly is this place? I'm eager to try it out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. yeah, that sounds amazing and im getting hungry as well. I am also curious as to where exactly it is, i haven't had great Vietnamese food in a while

    ReplyDelete
  3. 5000 Buford Hwy Suite C

    It is like a 15 minute drive away from GT :P

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pho '96 sounds like a great place. The only pho i've had since coming to Tech is at the Saigon near Emory. I'll definitely try this place out soon!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What other types of food does Pho '96 have on its menu? I am a much bigger fan of rice than noodles, although the way you described pho makes me want to taste it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow I am also super excited of visiting this place, sounds great. I really would like to visit this place. Why not we all foodie try to get together and go to this place sometime. I cant resist this dish, my mouth is watering and I ll try to go to this place as soon as possible. Thank you Welton for suggesting this place to us.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have never heard of pho before reading this post, but no I feel like I have to try it- especially since such a good restaurant is so close. Buford highway has a rich oriental presence, and its been too long since my last visit.

    ReplyDelete