Sunday, November 22, 2009

CSA? Possibly

So after finishing Pollan's book, I looked into the whole CSA (Community Supported Agricultre) thing. The basic premise is that you pay a fee upfront, and every week they deliver produce to you or you go pick it up at some designated point. And I see both pros and cons to this idea. I mean it seems like a proper alternative to a farmers market. You don't have to drive to get your fresh food. But on the flip side, you would miss the experience and atmosphere of the farmer's market. Also I like the idea of seeing my produce and picking from the best. What do you think. You can read more about CSA at www.localharvest.org/csa/

2 comments:

  1. I love the Farmer's Market! Just like we discussed in class, going there is a special experience. Their beautiful variety of colors, smells, and different foods. I don't think I'd want to have it delivered to my door.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree. I think just going to the Farmer's Market is an experience! I love going and picking things out for myself. It has a very homey, sweet touch to it that would be missed if the food was delivered. I feel as if it is not all about the food as it is just going and choosing from the variety of smells and colors like Erin said.

    ReplyDelete