Sunday, November 8, 2009

Muddy Buddies

Since being in college, I have discovered the joys of making food. I would not necessarily call it cooking because what I do does not involve real recipes or long baking times. One of my favorite snacks to make are Muddy Buddies or Puppy Chow, as my roommate calls them.
Muddy Buddies are composed of Chex Cereal, chocolate, and peanut butter. Once the cereal has been sufficiently covered in the sweet and salty mixture it is sprinkled with powdered sugar. As the name implies, this snack does not look appetizing, but it is one of the greatest snacks I have ever tasted. My roommate Zulaikha and I like to make Muddy Buddies for our friends when they stop by our room. So far they've been a huge success!!

5 comments:

  1. I've had them before, usually around Halloween (For the record, the houses that give this out are some of the best). For anyone else interested, here is a recipe: http://www.chex.com/recipes/RecipeView.aspx?RecipeId=19919&CategoryId=342.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had never heard of this before. But it did remind me about what my peer leaders prepared for everyone in the floor one wednesday night, they called it mud. It was a mix of M&M's, fudge and I think grated chocolate. It was so amazingly delicious and a delight for all chocolate lovers out there.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't eaten that in years! Invite me over next time you make some :) That sounds delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can imagine the appearance of such a concoction, but believe it no doubt is very tasty. I've never tried it, but it looks interesting!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have never tried it, but apparently I'm about to. I was reading this and told my girlfriend who is sitting beside me. Now she really wants to make some since she already knew what it was. So I guess i'm running to Kroger to get Chex cereal and chocolate haha.

    ReplyDelete