Sunday, November 29, 2009

My First Thanksgiving

Who does not look forward for breaks? I guess each and everyone looks forward for them may it be a teenager or an oldie. Thanksgiving is a festival in which families get together and meet their near and dear ones. While everyone awaits to celebrate thanksgiving day, similarly one awaits for black friday wherein one goes out to purchase goods and presents at very cheap price. This was my first thanksgiving.

It all started off with my friends coming down from Purdue University and NC State University. My room which used to fall short of space for me and my room-mate had now a space for six of us. My tiny little room had suddenly grown big to accommodate all of us. It was so much fun meeting all my old friends and sharing our new experiences. It was soon the night we had all waited for, the thanksgiving night. We all were a group of 11 friends who had planned to go shopping all night. We all left our rooms at 11.30 p.m and reached Perimeter mall around 12:15 a.m. We took Marta as to reach our destination and it was fun.

This night was forecasted to be the chilliest night so far, and it was. We all faced temperature as low as 32 degree Fahrenheit. We all waited till the stores opened up and let us in. At last the clock struck 3:00 am and the first one to open was the "Old Navy" store. It was really amazing to see how people suddenly had a grin on their faces after having spent their night camping outside the stores. As we all entered we rushed towards the clothes and bought as many things as possible. I purchased clothes and several other things. Later on we moved to Best Buy where my friends bought a couple of things like digital cameras, laptops and other things. Like that we moved on to other shops located there and shopped loads of things. It was really a crazy night. We were all tired and exhausted by 11:00 a.m. in the morning and hopefully shopped all we wanted. Though the night was tiring, it was fun shopping. We all were back in our rooms by 12 noon.

Do you want me to still continue? Actually I do wish to continue but I can't really recollect. What do you think, we would have done next? Right, each one of us were busy sleeping and dreaming, each in his own world. It was a long night thereafter. I will let you know what I did next once I get up. Hopefully it will be before the next thanksgiving.

No comments:

Post a Comment