Sunday, November 29, 2009

Double Cause for Celebration

Over the break, I not only had a major holiday to celebrate, but also my 18th birthday! I turned 18 on November 25th, the day before Thanksgiving this year. It can be difficult to celebrate my birthday with friends some years, as it has fallen on the same day as Thanksgiving several times in the past and people generally have other plans with their family.

This year, I decided to invite some friends over for dinner. We ordered pizza and ate our way through the my traditional birthday dessert, a Carvel double crunch ice cream cake. I serve it every year for my friends and family, and it is always a hit. It consists of vanilla ice cream, a layer of chocolate crunchies, chocolate ice cream, and a final layer of chocolate crunchies on top. I recommend it for all occasions!

The next day, my family went over to my uncle's house to celebrate Thanksgiving. In my family, we usually put an Indian spin on a traditional Thanksgiving dinner. We had a turkey, but it was spiced up with a red Indian sauce that gave it lots of flavor. There were also several Indian side dishes.

My Thanksgiving break was awesome- I can't wait for Christmas and the delicious foods that this holiday will bring!

No comments:

Post a Comment