Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Dunkin' Donuts

I'm sitting in the food court in the Student Center right now, trying the new Dunkin' Donuts. Dunkin' Donuts is one of my favorite doughnut places; it has great doughnuts (second only to Krispy Kreme, possibly), is relatively inexpensive, and has great coffee. But the doughnuts here were a bit of a disappointment.

I got the "Coffee Combo #1," which is two doughnuts and a medium coffee. The coffee was exactly the same as any other Dunkin' I've been to, and I loved it. I'm not sure what they do, but Dunkin's coffee is the only regular, brewed coffee that I absolutely love.

The doughnuts, on the other hand, seemed like they weren't fresh. I got two Boston Cremes, which they weren't warm at all and were starting to get stale. Considering that this is at 10:30 in the morning, I'm afraid to think of what it would be like when they close at 3. I'm thinking that they might make the doughnuts at another restaurant, then deliver them in the morning.

Of course, I may have just gotten the end of a batch and fresh ones were right behind me. Hopefully this was the case, and I plan on coming back soon (maybe a little earlier) to give them another chance.

5 comments:

  1. Yeah DDs brings back great memories for me. When I was a kid, my grandpa would take me every morning to DDs and let me pick out whatever I wanted.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I stopped by Dunkin Donuts the other day before recitation early in the morning. The doughnut was nothing special (You would think the best batch would be in the morning, no?), but I liked the Hot Chocolate. It was thicker, better, and cheaper than the hot chocolate I have gotten from Starbucks (over in Tech Square) and the dining hall.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really appreciate you wanted to come back to this place because this is my favorite eat-out place too. I guess it would have been the last batch before new ones were turned in and you became the unlucky one to get them. I recommend everyone to try the Eclairs, they are really nice. It would be great too if one could microwave them for a few seconds to make them warm.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is the second blog post that I read about bad Dunkin Donut's doughnuts. I think I'll have to go check it out for myself. But I do appreciate that you go back and give them another try.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've heard good things about the Boston Cremes but have yet to try one myself. I tend to have plain tastes, so I stick with the plain chocolate. I have to admit though, Krispy Kreme does have better tasting and fresher doughnuts.

    ReplyDelete