Saturday, November 14, 2009

Krispy Kreme

The smell of Krispy Kreme Doughnuts wafts down the hall, and one of my hall mates walks in with a dozen fresh rounds of goodness, giving me an offer I cannot reject. As I gently lift the warm glazed doughnut, it compresses under my touch. As I take my first bite, it melts in my mouth--a wonderful combination of glaze and fresh dough. All to quickly, my desert vanishes. I sit, silently, and I am left with is the crystallized remnants coating my fingers.

I happily savor these,



                                                                                sigh,



                                                                                                                                  and awaken to reality.

6 comments:

  1. *_* Your description of the awesome and legendary Krispy Kreme, simply glazed donut is awesome.

    I'd highly recommend trying the Krispy Kreme milkshake a nearby Burger joint (Flip) offers. :) It tastes exactly like a donut with a twist.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So, I totally copied your idea about discussing Krispy Kreme! But I agree with the comment above me. Your description is awesome, and KK donuts are soooo perfect when they're warm and they truly melt in your mouth! mmm.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very poetic. A very interesting way to make people want Krispy Kreme Doughnuts. Those doughnuts seem to be everywhere now.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree with the comments above, your description is very poetic and plain awesome. I could picture the whole thing in my head. Nice use of imagery.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice way to bring out your feelings. I read Griffins post about KK and now yours I am so optimistic about visiting this place. It seems KK is worth a visit as people are so crazy for its donuts so why shouldn't I join the fan crowd. I would just like to say "KK, I am coming." :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Now all I can think about is Krispy Kreme. That was beautiful. I think we should have a mandatory class at Krispy Kreme; its so close, it only seems right. It has been too long since my last donut, but is was nice to experience it vicariously.

    ReplyDelete