Sunday, November 15, 2009

Gujrathi dish

One might have heard about the Gujrati people, Gujaratis are an Indo-Aryan ethnic group that is traditionally Gujarati-speaking and can trace their ancestry to the state of Gujarat in India.* My friends dad had recently visited him and bought him loads if Indian delicacies form India. That night when my friend invited me to his room, I thought of not going but rather staying in my room and sleeping. But I guess if I wouldn't have gone that day I would have missed on these delicious food. I was so happy to have eaten Theplas** and many other gujarathi dishes. :) I don't have words to describe how good they were.

*http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gujarati_people

**http://www.tarladalal.com/recipe.asp?id=630

2 comments:

  1. I have tried Gujurati foods before, but I've never had theplas. The recipe for it makes it sound like paratha, or Indian flat bread. Are they similar at all?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmmm not really but yeah they are kind off similar to the parathas. They are parathas stuffed with I guess fenugreek ( in hindi called methi) and they are a lot thinner than the actual parathas. I regret now, i guess I should have saved some for you. Anyways as you know there are loads of gujuratis in Atlanta and I guess you ll have some friends too. You can ask them for some.

    ReplyDelete