Sunday, November 22, 2009

Need Advice on where to eat for thanksgiving

I am one of the few people who is not an international student who is staying here for Thanksgiving. I had come up with some rationalizations in my mind that would help me cope staying here while everybody i knew got to go home. One of those was that there was surly going to be some good food at Britian during the break. However today i saw the sign that said: Thanksgiving is coming to Britian. Will be closed from Wednesday 3:00 pm till sunday. I looked at the sign in horror. Not only do I not have any food in my fridge, I do not know really where to get food to stock up besides the gas station and Buzz Buy.

So my question is to the class, where is some good places around here where I can go eat? It would be good if they were within a 10 min walking distance. Thanks

4 comments:

  1. I'm pretty sure a few of the places on Campus Food will deliver during this time period. It costs a little extra, but it will be better than dining hall food and you won't even have to go anywhere.

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you dont mind going to the grocery and using the kitchens in the dorms, the tech trolley actually now has a stop that goes to the Publix near Tech Square. Im sure that you could figure a way to microwave thanksgiving dinner

    ReplyDelete
  3. Like Coye said, visit Publix. You should look for things that would go well for Thanksgiving, given any cooking instruments you have. You could try getting some ingredients to make something as well

    ReplyDelete
  4. Try checking out a bunch of food blogs, there have to be ideas circulating. I would recommend creating an all out feast with supplies from Publix, too.

    ReplyDelete