Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Subway

Certain people say that Subway is a place to eat healthy. According to me it's arguable. I like subway but have never noticed it to be healthy food. I am not saying it is unhealthy food but it also doesn't seem to be extremely healthy. For example, once I was having a subway sandwich and my friend asked me whether I was trying to eat healthy. I was surprised at his question. I eat at subway because I like the taste. It hardly matters to me whether it is healthy or not. But after hearing from people that subway is a place for healthy food it has made me more curious about the sub sandwiches. I have noticed that the subs are made from fresh vegetables and ingredients which are cooked or heated on the spot. Nothing is premade or stored.

One of the drawbacks of subway is the complication and the greasiness of the sandwich. Since we get to choose from a large array of vegetables and sauces, the sandwiches end up tasting good but extremely greasy with sauces and vegetables falling from the sandwich from all directions. This makes the task of eating a subway sandwich a messy one. But in the end all that matters to me is the taste so I try to ignore the aspect of healthy food and cleanliness.

5 comments:

  1. I miss eating Subways but could never find one nearby. However, I can see why people would often guess you were eating to be healthy as the commercials of someone saying he lost weight for eating at Subways daily.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I also usually just eat subway for the taste. There are definitely some sandwiches on the menu that would not fall under the "Healthy" category. And i have also experienced the falling-out-of-the-sandwich problem. I have found that if you ask them to toast the sandwich, things usually stick together a little better.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree with Carolyn. I love to eat some Subway, but I don't put it under the healthy category, unless you get the veggie sub, which sucks. The meatball sub is fantastic, but the caloric content on it is legit scary!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I would say Subway is at least a place to eat healthier...at least compared to most fast food restaurants.

    ReplyDelete