Sunday, November 15, 2009

Rib-wich Anyone?

I was eating lunch at Brittain last Thursday and I noticed a food that I hadn't seen yet, processed rib meat patties. For diversities sake, I couldn't resist putting it on my plate. As I took my first bite into the sandwich, I realized how gross the idea of processed rib meat was, especially as I had to spit out hard pieces that I found chewing. However, it still tasted like ribs, so I progressed a few more bites into the sandwich. This is when I felt a strange familiarity to this creation; it is strikingly familiar to Rib-wich from the Simpsons. In the episode, Krusty the Clown's restaurant introduces the artery clogging Rib-wich with the advisory statement "May cause death" on the box. This is love at first sight for Homer. As the show progresses, Krusty reveals that production of the sandwich is shut down because the animal (smaller than a pig with more than 4 legs) used to make it became extinct. Thinking about this, I put my sandwich back on my plate and left.

Here's the link to watch the episode if you have 20 minutes to kill.
http://videos.repph.com/tv/the-simpsons-season-14/the-simpsons-14x12-im-spelling-as-fast-as-i-can.html

6 comments:

  1. Great episode by the way. However the falsified meat tasted nothing like the real thing to me, but what was i to expect from seemingly over processed meat?

    ReplyDelete
  2. that episode sounds very strange, but i am not surprised that something like this was not as appetizing as it sounds...finding hard pieces in my mouth makes my stomach churn

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry to hear of your horrible experience. But if you feel like spending the money, Rib and Blues at Tech Square has an excellent rib sandwich.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really don't know about this food. But I did feel bad about your horrible experience. I am very happy to say that I am a vegetarian here as if I would have seen it also I would not have asked for one and would have escaped this sickening experience. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yeah they used to serve that in my high school and you learn pretty quick to avoid it. I had ribs at Chili's last night that were amazing. Eating "Rib-wichs" just makes me want to vomit.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love how the Simpsons is always right and can be looked to for guidance. I think all the meat at Brittain except the bacon has an odd taste to it

    ReplyDelete