Saturday, November 14, 2009

Late Night Donuts

Last night, my friend Kayla and I went to her high school's playoff football game in Riverdale. We got horribly lost on the way there and on the way back, but it was certainly an adventure! When we finally figured out where we were, we discovered a Krispy Kreme Donuts just a few minutes from the stadium. Krispy Kreme free-standing shops have a "Hot-and-Now" sign outside that lights up when the doughnuts have just been made. We quickly detoured and ran inside that beautiful establishment.
Now, just because we are girls does not mean that we don't eat! Kayla suggested that we order a dozen, and obviously I was not going to deny such an attractive offer. We ordered a dozen glazed doughnuts and a cup of hot chocolate each. We sat there and ate roughly 2 doughnuts each (I didn't say we could eat a lot...). I hadn't had KK in so long- it was like a little taste of home! It was perfect. And if you're ever road-tripping to a Krispy Kreme...call me, because it's my favorite!

10 comments:

  1. There seems to be a doughnut theme running through our blogposts. I am with you, Griffin. I love eating warm doughnuts late at night. I bet that hot chocolate was an awesome bonus. There's actually a KK shop in the heart of downtown Atlanta!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The hot and fresh doughnut are always the best. The virtually disintegrate in your mouth.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I never knew there was a Krispy Kreme much closer to campus. o_o Will definitely need to find it sometime soon when I'm up for doughnuts and after trying Sublime.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh yeah, there's one across from the restaurant Mary Mac's right downtown. It's awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  5. There is a Krispy Kreme shop near the mall back at my home. My family occasionally stops by, and getting doughnuts that are freshly made, warm dough and hot glaze, is the best. And as the weather gets cooler the hot chocolate combo sounds even better. I had my first hot chocolate here within the past week before CS in the morning. I save such drinks for the appropriate time, and winter is the best for that combo.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I haven't been to Krispy Kreme in forever, it's actually kinda ironic that you posted this because i was talking to a friend a couple days ago and we were both really craving those incredible doughnut delights.

    ReplyDelete
  7. there is nothing better than a hot krispy kreme doughnut to end the night...yum.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I probably would have ordered a dozen as well knowing full well i could not finish them.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This remind me of the fundraisers my school back in Florida used to have. Every club that needed funding always came up with the same idea, to sell krispy creme donuts. The event was usually a week long. I would always buy at least three donuts per week. =)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Seems interesting I would really accompany anyone for this treat. Sounds delicious I have never heard of this joint before. My impression was that Dunkin Donuts are the best but now I would like to take back my words until I have got a feel of KK's donuts. So anyone going to KK soon let me know, I am joining you all too..

    ReplyDelete