Sunday, November 29, 2009

Mashed Potatoes Follow Up

For those of you who read my past post on how my grandma puts food coloring in the mashed potatoes every Thanksgiving, I know you are absolutely dying to know what color they were this year. Drum roll please... the mashed potatoes were a pale green. I think she attempted to make them blue but either ran out of food coloring or just put too little in. These potatoes are a tradition in our family and Thanksgiving would not be the same with normal white mashed potatoes.

3 comments:

  1. Foods with food coloring make eating a little more fun. On Dr. Seuss' birthday, my mom always makes us Green Eggs and Ham! I think it's cool that your family has a tradition like this one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's so awesome! And Erin- my mom totally does that too. She was a first grade teacher and take Dr. Seuss very seriously :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha wow that's awesome. I think that's a great idea. I like to make white cakes but dye them pink or purple or blue. One time I bought neon colored food dye. That was fun.

    ReplyDelete