Monday, November 30, 2009

Thanksgiving in Louisville

For a couple of years our family tried the traditional Thanksgiving dinner with turkey, mashed potatoes, stuffing, and all that good stuff. However, as the years passed the only ones that liked the traditional food were me and my cousins. So my parents and the other elders decided to revert to a more Korean style dinner which is what we had for Thanksgiving this year.



Most of my father's side is now living in the same city as us whereas my mother's side is still in Korea, so we couldn't have dinner with everybody. My sister is also in Italy this year studying abroad so she missed out too. My father's brother and sister brought their family to our home to have dinner this year and it was a great Thanksgiving dinner although we were missing the turkey.

That night, I was also able to meet some of my friends that also traveled to different cities for college. It was great seeing them and made me appreciate my friends. We all met at one of my friends' house and chilled till 5 in the morning playing games and talking about our college lives so far. Around 5:30 am we went to Steak and Shake to have some breakfast. After our meal, we then started our shopping spree to Target, BestBuy, Macy's, and Old Navy. Being college students, we all were very careful where we spent our money. I guess that's just what happens when you go to college. We then went to another friend's house and slept from 9am to 2pm. That was a great Thanksgiving!

3 comments:

  1. Theres nothing better than Thanksgiving with family. It looks like your family is very happy. Glad you shared.

    ReplyDelete
  2. THat is unique! I always wondered what it would be like to not have turkey and the classic meal on Thanksgiving. Not being Korean this would probably seem very weird to me, but trying something new seems fun.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, so much food! And it's all so colorful! Is that sashimi I see?

    ReplyDelete