Sunday, November 15, 2009

Texts From Last Night

Texts from Last Night is a website through which people can submit funny texts about the stupid things they do. Most texts are usually sent in by college age students and detail risque adventures or an embarassing moment. The purpose of these posts is to make the reader laugh and/or sympathize. I find that most of these texts are probably fake or just plain boring. I found one today, however, which made me chuckle a bit just because of its relation to our class. Note: The first number is the area code of the sender and the second is the area code of the person who responded to the text:

(310): i just made an omelette with the cheese and ham from a lunchables. and ketchup packets
(818): julia child would be proud.

When I saw this one I couldn't help but laugh. It seems like someone was running low on food options and just used what he/she had. Sounds like college to me!

*Note: I would not recommend this website. For funnier things that happen in other people’s lives, please see fmylife.com, mylifeisaverage.com, and of course onlyattech.net.

6 comments:

  1. what is there not to like about texts-from-last-night? I find 90% of them highly entertaining. Some are a little gross/sexual/over-the-top but for the most part i visit the site for a quick laugh. FML and MLIA are also funny though

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are definitely right, sounds like a college student to me too. It must take some skills to turn a lunchables, which personally I never really liked, to a yummy omelet.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You know what was my immediate reaction after reading this post was to open one more tab in this browser and browse through some of the jokes there and I really found them entertaining although I agree that www.fmylife.com and other cited above are better then texts from last night.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What?! I love TFLN. I find them extremely amusing. My favorites in order are probably TFLN, MLIA, then FML.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Overall I like TFLN; it's usually pretty funny, but it also has a lot of lame entries.

    I'm not a big fan of FML. I used to like it but it's gone downhill over the last few months.

    My favorites, in order, are OAT, MLIA, TFLN, ..., FML.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think it's cool that he used the resources available to him to make an interesting omelette. I agree that he must be a college student.

    ReplyDelete