Friday, November 13, 2009

Westside Market

The Westside Market is located on the west side of campus near Woodruff dining hall. Since I live in the 8th street apartments, it is very tempting for me to do my grocery shopping at Westside. However, I don't. And I recommend that you don't either. The prices are outrageous. For example, just the other day I was charged $4.78 for a quart of milk and some starbursts candy. I know, ridiculous, right? And then one night I was craving some M&Ms. I headed down to Westside because of its convenient location. Then walking away, I looked at my receipt, it read almost three dollars. Three dollars for a pack of M&Ms is not my style. The Westside Market clearly takes advantage of its location by overcharging students. So unless your in a pinch, I would recommend going to Publix or Kroger.

10 comments:

  1. eastside market is very very similar. I spent 7 dollars on a box of fruity pebbles and quart of milk. It is very convinient having the pizza hut express there though...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree totally! The only reason I shop at Eastside Market is because I have a GT Dining giftcard. I do not know if I would ever spend "real money" there unless I was in a bind. The price s are ridiculous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've never purchased anything from West Side or East Side market. Convenience is not worth the price. Normally I take the Grocery shuttle to Target on the weekend when I need to, but I may switch over to the Publix stop with the Trolly. It starts running on Friday, so after classes I can stop by Publix and get what I need much faster than the shuttle to Target.

    ReplyDelete
  4. someone from section p4 posted a blog post similar to this but about the east side market place.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Georgia Tech overprices everything. They also raised the sales tax from 7% to 8%, as if Georgia Tech doesn't take enough money from us already.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I agree, grocery shopping at westside market is quite expensive. I might get a 12 pack can of soda occasionally, but anything much more is just not worth it to me.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I agree, besides the Pizza Hut Express, everything just seems overpriced and not worth it. The only reason I would go there is if I'm in need of a snack and its 11pm.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I agree with you all I have had a couple of similar experiences in here. It was like the crate of 12 cans costs $ 5.99 at Westside market, $4.99 at Burdell's shop and $3.99 at Target. I guess I don't need to speak anything more than this. There is a price difference on campus too. I would just like to ask is it worth the price. I would rather walk up to Publix or Target to get my groceries.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I can't stand the absurd prices at GT. The markets definitely are taking advantage of us and so are the vending machines. At least they shuttle to Publix though.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I've gone to West Side Market once at night, after the dining halls had already closed. I was craving ice cream, and I bought a Sundae Cone. I think it was reasonably priced, no more than if I had bought an ice cream come from a gas station. However I do agree that other items sold at West Side Market are much too expensive and not worth the prices.

    ReplyDelete