Sunday, November 22, 2009

Revelations

People talk bad about the dining halls, and I admit I have done my fair share--and it gets old. However, I had a revelation last week just how bad it is.

I love food.

However, during a 1.5 hour break between English and CS 1371 last week, I was contemplating skipping lunch. I usually never skip meals--I look forward to them. However, Brittain sounded horrible--the food is very heavy, with little variation. I know for lunch that there are always going to be Burritos, Hamburgers, Pizza, tasteless vegetables from the can, some sort of meat, same old salad, etc.

Then, I realized my stomach was rumbling, and I knew something was terribly wrong. My revulsion to the dining hall was overwhelming the natural signals my body was making to tell me to eat. With this in mind, I turned around, headed to the dining hall, and filled my stomach with more of the usual, inwardly yearning for the next week to speedily pass--those days that separate me from the most delicious meal of the year.

2 comments:

  1. I completely agree. The food gets old...fast. I used to get pissed when my lab let out after the dinning hall closed, but now i really could care less because i might still be hungry but i just don't want brittain food

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with your post too. When you have automatically deduced that the food you eat is going to be bad, your mind automatically makes it worse than it will be. If people did not have the notion in their mind that the food sucks at Britain then it wont suck. Trust me, I have tried it and it works. Simple as that.

    ReplyDelete