Sunday, November 8, 2009

6 More Months of Wingnuts

It seems that the justice has prevailed - for 6 months at least. According to the Technique, Wingnuts will move to Marietta Street in May, not December. While this is a small victory, I'm still upset that it will be closing. And crammed into the very end of the article, the Technique reports that Tech only has 1/3 of the $30 million needed to build the dining hall because of the economic downturn. I swear, if they tear down Wingnuts and then put the construction on hold...

Source: Wingnuts to remain on campus until next May - November 5, 2009 - Technique - The South's Liveliest College Newspaper

8 comments:

  1. Hey people this is a wonderful news. Thanks a lot John. I really appreciate the way you posted this blogpost along with a citation as a piece of proof. I really like to visit this place, I know people would be thinking what's so important visiting it. I would like to say Wingnuts doesn't really have much for vegetarians, but yet it attracts the customers who eat only vegetarian food for its deliciously made french fries. I love them. I hope if any vegetarian have missed this place should atleast go there to try the french fries.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is pretty amazing. Eating at Wingnuts on Wednesdays is a tradition in my dorm hall. I am quite happy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really don't know if I'm happy about this. The so-called greatness of Wingnuts has worn off for me. Wingnuts is slightly expensive and although they have good fries, I am not very interested in everything else.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Why do they even need a new dining hall? Brittan is right down the road. North Ave can just walk there. Wingnuts is a good place, I'm glad that they are not moving the place till May.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Have they figured out if or where they will relocate Wingnuts to when they decide to start constriction. And I agree that a new dining hall isn't needed. Its like a two minute walk. Plus if I had access to a kitchen like those in the apartments do, I definitely wouldn't use a dining hall. GT should get the opinion of the North Ave Residents

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for the update John! I'm also glad Wingnuts will remain open on North Ave atleast until May.

    ReplyDelete
  7. sweet! but are you sure that they aren't just tearing it down in december and then rebuilding in may?
    that would be tragic

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm with Erin. I liked it at first, but it's really not that great. And since it's just a re-location, it's not as bad. I think it's overpriced and underwhelming.

    ReplyDelete