Sunday, November 29, 2009

A New Old Thanksgiving

My Thanksgiving this year was very similar to every Thanksgiving of my life. I celebrated with my entire family. We ate our signiature dishes (turkey, spanakopita, sweet potatoes, casseroles) and held our typical conversations, but this Thanksgiving was special. At my first Thanksgiving living away from home, I felt more thankful of everything in my life. I was thankful to be with my family. I was thankful to be at Georgia Tech. I was thankful to be healthy. Perhaps though I was most thankful to be eating real food and not anything from Georgia Tech.

3 comments:

  1. Hey I guess you wouldn't have said what you uttered in the end. I was one of those who stayed back at Tech. And this was the time I really felt the importance of Dining hall at Tech.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was also felt very thankful for being with my family. It was a different feeling because I hadn't seen them in so long and they made me feel so loved! Thanksgiving is a great holiday meant to spend with family and friends.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have never thought of it that way but now that you say that, I know exactly what you mean. Once I was home with all of my family, I never wanted to leave. There is no place like home.

    ReplyDelete