Saturday, November 28, 2009

I love Thanksgiving

I love coming home from school and seeing all the people that I missed. I rarely miss my parents, but I always miss my sister and my grandparents, and my cousins. Every year for Thanksgiving we go to my great-grandparents' houses for lunch and dinner and then go back to my grandparent's house for the weekend. I guess I haven't eaten real food in a long time, because I was famished! I was so excited to see everyone and to be able to eat food prepared by people I actually know.
Everything was delicious- but my great-grandmother's ham is always my favorite. It's perfectly tender and seasoned. I absolutely love it. I'm not entirely sure how she makes it, but since she is 89 it's an ever greater feat. I love Thanksgiving and I love ham! But most of all, I loved getting to see my family.

4 comments:

  1. I know exactly how you feel. It was great to eat real food and see everyone again. I rarely eat pork during the year, but Thanksgiving and Christmas are always the exceptions. Does your great-grandmother glaze her hams? My grandma does and it makes them even more deliscious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ham is something I wish happened at more Thanksgivings--Turkey is alright, but ham is delectable!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ham is amazing. We had some left over and i was able to convince my dad to let me bring it back to my dorm. It makes a great substitute for Brittain

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have been longing for real food and i guess I am going to get them not before 16th of december because thats the time I ll get back home

    ReplyDelete