Sunday, November 29, 2009

Tired of Turkey?

Every year for Thanksgiving my family visits my mother's parents for lunch and my father's parents for dinner. At my mother's parents we had the typical Thanksgiving dinner; turkey, dressing, cranberry sauce, etc. However, the dinner at my father's parents was anything but ordinary. My grandmother decided that she had eaten enough turkey and that she wanted some good ole southern barbecue. I had no problem with that whatsoever. We had barbecue, hashbrown casserole, chips, pickles, anything you would expect at a memorial day picnic, but never in a million years expect to find at a thanksgiving dinner. The only thing remotely related to a normal thanksgiving dinner we had was sweet potato souffle. From everyone's smiling faces after that supper, I'd say we started a new Thanksgiving tradition.

6 comments:

  1. That's an interesting change! Personally, I'd like to have my turkey (mainly because I only eat it once a year), but from the looks of your day, it is perfect--you get a large variety of food for Thanksgiving day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm personally a fan of the traditional meal because its basically the only time of the year i eat turkey. However, your meal sounds quite good

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow... I really like turkey, but I also really like barbecues. Getting both in one day would be heaven.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love a good tradition, but it's nice to mix things up every once in a while. It will certainly be a Thanksgiving to remember.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is interesting change from tradition. You got the best of both worlds...haha

    ReplyDelete