Monday, November 9, 2009

My pasta experience

Only few years back I was able to distinguish between the various types of pastas. Now I realise that there are many different types of them. Personally I have had only few types such as penne, lasagne and spaghetti. These are probably the most common ones. other than these I have heard of others such as ravioli, farfalle and rotini.

Nowadays I have pasta almost everyday in the dining hall. The pasta bar at the corner of the dining hall sometimes goes unnoticed but I have noticed that the pasta there is always good even though we cannot say that for the other food. In the dining hall most of the time there is penne or farfalle with spaghetti occasionally.

Other than the dining hall I have previously had a lot of spaghetti, lasagne and rotini. Whenever I get a chance to have pasta I usually do not give up the opportunity. Other than Indian and Chinese food, pasta will have to be one of my favorite types of food. It is the only Italian food I like other than pizza of course. When it comes to my favorite type of pasta, it has to be lasagne. This is because it is not like regular pasta dishes. It appears like a slab of pasta and can contain more ingredients than normal pasta. But for me any kind of pasta will do. I am also willing to try other pastas.

Apart from the different types of pasta one of the main ingredients in the pasta is the type of sauce. There are two major sauces which are marinara and alfredo. Marinara is the red sauce which tastes slightly tangy. Alfredo is the white creamy sauce. This is the main ingredient. Other than these other spices or ingredients can be added as per the eaters wish.

4 comments:

  1. I love the pasta bar. Yesterday, I ate pasta for lunch and dinner. Both times I got the meat, mushroom, italian seasoning, and alfredo sause. Delicious

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't get a chance to eat from the pasta bar yesterday, but it is definitely one of my favorite foods. It is both delicious and nutritious and always a good eat. Plus, it's really easy to make and really hard to mess up.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pasta is great for energy, especially if you play sports or any other physical activity. It never seems to get old and it's my go-to food when there is nothing else good to eat in the dining hall.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love Pasta too. And I have to say that lasagna is my favorite too. My uncle is a professional chef so he used to cook lasagna for my cousins and I when I was little. It was delicious and I definitely miss it.

    ReplyDelete