Sunday, November 8, 2009

Home for the Weekend

I decided to surprise my grandad for his birthday this weekend. My mom picked me up and we went to eat at their house- they thought it was just going to be my mom. They were so surprised! My grandad was so excited. My grandmother had made the most amazing food for lunch, complete with manicotti, yeast rolls (my favorite!), salad, and sweet tea. It was so awesome to be with my grandparents AND eating real food. I have missed eating food that is prepared by someone you actually know, as opposed to the chef at ADPi or the dining hall. It was great!

5 comments:

  1. That sounds amazing. I'm looking forward to going back home for Thanksgiving for a nice home cooked meal. Looking forward to Christmas too since I get to travel to Peru and see my own grandparents for the first time in six years.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I bet that was a good experience. I only get to see my grandparents once or twice every few years since they live half way around the world. I also have not eaten home food since i got to Tech and wont till I go back home for Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That sounds like it was really cool. I can't wait for thanksgiving because my dad is going to make his fried turkey. It is the best part of the whole meal and he does it every year. We go down to Dublin, GA and meet up with the rest of our family. It's one of the only times we ever have a big family meal

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm sorry you all miss home food so much! I live pretty close by, and my mom usually gives me home cooked food to bring to school every couple of weeks. Takes away a lot of the home-sickness :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. yummm sounds super! like everyone else, i cant's WAIT for thanksgiving food either!! mashed potatoes here i come!

    ReplyDelete