Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Women's Eating Dilemma

I was sitting in Brittain eating breakfast today, and a women's fitness channel was on with two women talking about what some women do when they are depressed. They started talking about how women tend to eat a lot when they are depressed such as ice cream and "high-calorie" foods. This isn't the point of the post though. The two women eventually went ranting on how the depressed women should eat "low-fat" yogurt instead of Doritos because the chips will just make things worse by making one lose her figure. I found it funny how it tied to Michael Pollan's book and how the "low-fat" yogurt is crammed with new stuff that scientists put in that actually make people gain weight.

4 comments:

  1. Yeah, that does kind of suck. Maybe I'll just stick to ice cream for those late-night cravings and such. Although neither low-fat yogurt nor ice cream would be an ideal choice, after reading Pollan's book.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sigh...don't even get me started on the tortured and unhealthy relationship between women, weight, and food in modern-day culture.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's an interesting observation you made. To be fair though, Doritos contain a lot of chemicals as well. Perhaps the low-fat yogurt, though it contains a lot of artificial creations, is better for you than the chips.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Honestly, when I'm feeling down, I don't think eating low-fat yogurt would make me feel any better. Junk foods like chocolate and ice cream comfort me on a low day, not these so-called "health" foods.

    ReplyDelete