Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Birthday Dinner

This past weekend my girlfriend cooked for my birthday. It was the best meal that I have had in a long time. Being at college, I always look forward to some home cooking. So when she told me she was going to cook, I immediately became hungry. She started off with an appetizer called bruschetta. It consisted of toasted french bread topped with motzorella cheese and tomato. The main entree was beef tenderloin which was so juicy and tender. To go along with it, there was a salad, and home made macaroni and cheese. This definitely made my birthday that much better. Oh yeah! I almost forgot. For dessert, we ate strawberry shortcake topped with real strawberries. I couldn't have asked for a better ending...

5 comments:

  1. I am so jealous of you man. I so want to get back home and eat to my fullest. I guess it would have been your best meal so far after coming to TECH. I am looking for the winter break for which hardly any days are left. After which I can relish on home made food and what not.:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds absolutely delicious. I'm such a big fun of shortcake and strawberries so if you put them together then that just makes it divine. I too hunger for a nice homecooked meal, only a couple more days to go until I go back home. =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. what a nice girlfriend, and sounds like a good cook too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. toasted french bread with cheese and tomato--amazing. Beef tenderloin...my goodness, I can't wait for some real meat!!! Strawberry shortcake--something they should offer at Tech...

    Glad you had an amazing birthday!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That sounds like a great birthday! You seem to have a very considerate girlfriend, as a home cooked meal is a perfect present for a college student.

    ReplyDelete