Sunday, November 29, 2009

Thanksgiving

Thanksgiving has always been one of my favorite times of year. My mom has a huge family with 6 brothers and sisters and I have 14 cousins just on her side. This year everyone was coming to my house. But about 2 months ago, my uncle has a terrible stroke and passed away at 58. So needless to say, this thanksgiving was a little more emotional with all my family around, being that this was the first holiday without him around. My grandmother still made a place-setting for him and there was a prayer placed at his chair. To make it even more special, my grandmother made some of his favorite foods to add to the feast. The most special of all was her pecan pie that my uncle loved. It is made from pecans right from my grandparent's back yard. We all ate the yummy pie and thought about my uncle. It was a very memorable holiday for us all.

2 comments:

  1. Im really sorry to hear about your uncle, that must be really hard. It sounds like your family is very loving. Its always better to have the people that you love around you when you in tough emotional times.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Losing a family member, especially around these times is very hard. Your family will be in our prayers. :)

    ReplyDelete