Sunday, November 29, 2009

A Simple Thanksgiving

Every year, as long as I can remember, our extended family will gather at one of our houses and conjure up an elaborate meal for Thanksgiving. Every year, the kids will play while the adults go about buying the ingredients needed and spending countless hours in preparation for the feast. Every year, the entire family would gather around the table to tell stories and catch up on life. But not this year. For some reason, I barely noticed Thanksgiving come and go this year. Only a handful of relatives came to visit us and though the meal was great, I just didn't get the sense of atmosphere I had grown so accustomed to every year with the entire extended family around. Thanksgiving seemed to come and go all too quickly this year. Maybe I have just been too busy to sit around and get hyped up about this holiday like I used to, but the fact stands that much less of the family gathered together this year. I'm hoping the turnout will be better next year. But all in all, I had a great time with my family and spending the day indulging in gluttony.

4 comments:

  1. its because you had left for the light but got sucked back into georgia tech

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel sad for you but I truly agree with Eamon it would have been due to pressure we all are facing from Georgia Tech that did not let you enjoy as much as you used to enjoy before.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's strange- it seems as though many people had an off-Thanksgiving this year. I hope next year is better for you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really agree with you I don't think I am going to stay on campus next year. I ll plan a trip off to somewhere.

    ReplyDelete