Thursday, October 15, 2009

Visual Design Food Art



I had originally planned to write a blog review about The Taste of Atlanta Food Festival but the tickets were $30 too much.  So i went back to my dorm and began brainstorming on the group project.  Since i am in the visual design section for my group i was surfing the web for some interesting ideas for food.  I came across some really cool pictures that i found online.  So instead of keeping them to myself for my final project, as inspiration, i thought it would be cool to post them and see what everyone thinks.  I don't think anyone will copy my idea either since i am posting about it.  Hope you all enjoy the pics! Photos from: www.worth1000.com

Double click them to enlarge



- Giovanni Mannella

7 comments:

  1. These are really interesting, but, honestly, they are really disturbing. The skinned elephant in the salad is just too much. And the guy chopping off his fingers?! Why would you make that? I guess I just don't get them.


    "Snake Banana" was pretty funny though. I was definitely giggling a little when I saw it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are some very.... intriguing pictures. I am not really sure where someone would come up with these concepts, but the certainly are creative.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the banana one and the chopped fingers were indeed very disturbing. This reminds me of the time when I went on a cruise and the staff made a dog out of towels and put it on my bed one time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. These pictures are amazing but I do have to agree that they are a bit disturbing, like the one of the hand with the fingers chopped off. However i did like the mouse-kiwi picture. It reminded of pictures my aunt sent me. They were of people doing pretty much the same kind of art but with eggshells.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Haha these pictures are gross. Now I cant eat kiwi, oranges, bananas, amd sushi. But the imagery used in these pictures is so creative.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Okay the chopped fingers and kiwi mouse literally almost made me vomit. Not okay. But some of the others are interesting, and i have to admit that the imagery itself is impressive. I do like the orange frog for some reason, i guess its not as gruesome.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I will never look at these foods the same way ever again, especially sausage. I like how the sushi girl is dipping her hand into the soy sauce...interesting.

    ReplyDelete