Friday, October 16, 2009

Iron Chef Fan

I think unlike many of you, this was my first time watching Iron chef. I love it. I found the japanese version to be very competitive and on edge. Everyone seem very serious and determined to win. The American version was, in my opinion, more light-hearted and humorous but it was still a competition. I found both engaging and entertaining. I found myself cheering for the iron chef and nervous for the final judging; it kept on the edge of my chair the whole time. Not only was I intensively watching but I got my friend to join in my cheering of the Iron chef. It was overall a great and fun night.

4 comments:

  1. I was cheering for the competitor on both shows, and throughout the Japanese and American version I was expecting the competitor to win. Perhaps the underdog label is appealing to me, but the Iron Chefs seemed to struggle throughout the food creation.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Even for me this was the first time watching Iron Chef and I have to agree that it was great. I really liked the idea of a kitchen stadium and the competetion between the Iron Chefs and the challenger is intense.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This was my first time watching the Iron Chef also. I would have to agree with Josh, I really expected the challenger to win because the Iron Chef always seems like he is struggling to prepare his food. The final judging kept me on the edge of my seat as well and for a little bit, it seemed as if time just slowed down.

    ReplyDelete
  4. As a fellow first time viewer, I enjoyed the show. I liked the pressure of cooking competitively. It was cooking on a totally different level than what we've been exposed to so far. I definitely kept me attentive and guessing at the end.

    ReplyDelete