Sunday, October 18, 2009

The Curse of the Pretzel

Bobby Dodd Stadium was alive. All the students were on their feet cheering for the white and gold. I was among these students, and towards the end of the game when it was clear Georgia Tech was the victor I decided to celebrate with a nice, hot GT shaped pretzel. So I walked over to the concession stand and ordered my pretzel, and since I am young and do not concern myself with my health I ordered my pretzel with extra salt. Big mistake. Anyone at the game can relate that yesterday was the perfect definition of a blustery day. So as soon as I finished my extra salty pretzel I realized my mistake. Some of the salt from the pretzel had accumulated on my lips and was slowly dehydrating them. Dehydrated lips in cold winter wind led to one thing...a horrible case of chapped lips. I had fallen prey to the curse of the pretzel. But eating the wonderful, hot, salty pretzel was definitely worth it.

1 comment:

  1. I had one of the GT Pretzels also. It was one of the best I've had in recent years. I saw them bringing the pretzels in before the game and it seems that GT actually uses a gourmet shop

    ReplyDelete