Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Awkward Burger King: Part 1

I have never been a big fan of Burger King. I prefer Chick-Fil-A or Taco Bell or Arbys. However, considering that I live close to one, I have been to Burger king many times. This past summer, my dad went to Burger King and came home later with an interesting story. Before I tell the story you should know something about my dad. He is one of the sweetest people I know but he is not very talkative at all which is why this story was so funny to me, because I could not see him approaching people randomly.

So, he went to Burger King and thought he saw a guy he knew from college. He gets his tray and goes over and sits in front of the guy, at the same table, being the only two people in the whole establishment. My dad proceeded to talk about college and the good times they had, asked where the guy had ended up, if he was married what he was doing, etc. About 30 minutes later my dad realizes this was not the person he thought it was and he gets up and walks out.

8 comments:

  1. Wow that sounds like a very awkward situation! I hate when I wave at someone I think I recognize, only to realize a few seconds later that I've never met the person before. It's quite uncomfortable. I can only imagine what the guy your dad was talking to was thinking during this situation.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sounds like a very uncomfortable and awkward situtation. I find it amazing that the guy didn't say anything about it for 30 minutes. He was probably too into eating his burger to care or maybe he is used to situations like that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. haha that is awful! i feel so bad! How did the other guy go so long without telling your dad that he had that wrong guy??

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have no idea! My dad said that he does not think the guy thought my dad thought he was someone else, just that my dad was really friendly.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've seen a lot of people around Tech that look like my friends from high school, so I could definitely see this happening.

    A few weeks ago I was in the dining hall and saw a guy that looked just like my friend Dan. It was early and I was still half asleep, so I said "Hey Dan!" as we passed each other, and he just gave me this awkward look. Only just after that did I put 2 and 2 together and realize that Dan was probably about 500 miles away at that moment.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I feel the same way about Burger King, it's not high on my list of fast food restaurants. But what an awkward situation! I've done similarly at Georgia Tech actually. I would wave to people from far away thinking I knew them, only to be given strange looks when they got closer.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I bet that was extremely awkward for the other guy, it is kinda strange that the other person did nothing to inform your dad that he wasn't who your dad thought he was.

    ReplyDelete
  8. haha i bet that was really embarrassing. I have done that before, I have gone up to somebody i thought i knew, but it was a complete stranger.

    ReplyDelete