Sunday, October 18, 2009

Sunday Lunch : Lucky Buddha

I just got back from Lucky Buddha which is located near the west campus. The upperclassmen that I went with made Lucky Buddha sound like the best Chinese restaurant in town. Upon arriving in the parking lot, I could tell this was not going to end well, but tried it out anyways.

As I perused the menu, I compared the prices with other smaller Chinese restaurants I had been to in the past. The prices had been about the same. So I thought this might not be too bad after all. I ordered the sesame chicken which came with fried rice, an egg-roll, and a piece of fried chicken. My friends ordered the infamous General Tso's Chicken, chicken and broccoli, Mongolian beef, and sweet and sour chicken, so I was able to try a little bit of each. The quantity was a bit too much which is always good, but the quality did not live up to the price. After awhile I just got sick of the dry "sesame chicken" and tried what my friends had ordered.

The soda machine was a bit sketchy as well. For a couple of months now I have been substituting lemonade for soda. The soda machine had a slot for lemonade, but the there was no image of any company on the cover. Usually it would have either Country Time Lemonade, Minute Maid, or any other lemonade company, but this one only had "lemonade" written on post-it-note. I was disappointed, but luckily there was some Hi-C fruit Punch.

So if you're looking for a place to fill you up without thinking about the taste, Lucky Buddha would be just the place for you! They've got large portions, unreliable drinks, small eating area with the sun shining everywhere, I mean what could be better? But I don't think I'll be stopping by again anytime soon.

1 comment:

  1. I have ordered delivery from Lucky Buddha before, but I have never dined in. Based on your review it sounds like I should be content to stay right here in my dorm and let them bring the food to me.

    ReplyDelete