Sunday, October 4, 2009

Food options

There are many food options at Tech. The most important source of food for students is undoubtedly the two dining halls. According to me the dining hall food is pretty decent. There are many options but it tends to get a bit boring because every week the menu is the same even though it changes every day. On weekends it’s importance increases as the other food joints around campus are closed except a few like Wingnuts.

Other sources of food are the food court in the student center and the chain of restaurants in Tech Square. For me student center is the best place to have food. Since it gets boring eating at the dining every time, I often make a trip to the food court especially on weekdays when it easier to go to the food court since there might be class after the meal. The dining is far from the main colleges as compared to student center. You can say student center is the center point of the campus. But it gets a bit tricky for me sometimes because I have a 14 meals per week plan for which I am regretting now. I think almost everyone has unlimited or unlimited plus 5. Before coming to Tech I did not realize how fast I would get hungry. I can make only limited trips to the dining hall. This is a situation I have to change next semester. It’s not that I am starving or anything but sometimes if you just want to go into the dining for a glass of coffee or an apple that counts as a whole meal in my meal plan. In that respect it is not that great.

The student center has fast food restaurants such as Burger King and Pizza Hut. It also has a Chinese and Mexican joint and a salad bar. So it is not bad once in a while to have something at the food court. At Tech square the restaurants are larger and look more like restaurants. They include Ribs & Blues, Moe’s, Starbucks etc. Then again Tech square is far from the main campus and people only have food there if there is a lot of time in hand or it is a weekend. I have only had food there once when my parents were around. This might be because I am sometimes too lazy to go all the way to Tech square.

Then there is Wingnuts and Quizzno’s. Wingnuts is a place to get amazing hot wings. It is open until 3 am and is a major hangout spot for students. Quizzno’s is a pizza joint and is not as popular as Wingnuts among us.

As we can see there are many food options available even though most of the eating happens at the dining halls. But I think the time has come when I went off campus and tasted the food outside Tech for a change.

No comments:

Post a Comment