Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Luke's Lobster Experience

Today's in class video reminded of this summer when my family and I all had lobster. We had all eaten lobster before, just not bought the live lobsters and boiled them ourselves. We were up in New England as a family and thought it would be great for each of us to get our own lobster to cook and clean. So we did. And while I love the taste of lobster, the experience let me down. The green guts and watery juices that spewed out from the insides left me with a loss of appetite. Also watching lobsters boil to their death made it tough, considering that my brother was racing them on the kitchen floor only minutes before. I wish I knew some of Julia Child's tricks and maybe my experience would have been better. However, I still love lobster, I would just rather have a restaurant prepare it for me.

1 comment:

  1. Yea I agree that whatever chefs, or professionals of any type, do, it never is as easy as it seems. Like, hitting a 90 mile and hour fastball is not as easy as it seems. And I'm pretty sure I wouldn't have liked eating something i had killed or seen its guts oozing out. But then again I have never tasted lobster.

    ReplyDelete