Sunday, October 18, 2009

Art

Art made from food comes in a variety of appetizing flavors: sushi, fruits, desserts. From micro sculpture bicyclists pedaling down a chocolaty slope of ice cream to the Mona Lisa made from from various shades of toast, there is something for everyone. One of the one's I am introducing today is sandwich art, the greatest thing since sliced bread.
As we have already seen in class from various cooking shows, presentation is important. What better way to present a sandwich than to model it after the adorable character, Wall-E? There is not a better way.


3 comments:

  1. Is that Spongebob actually made out of sponge cake? That is really cute! One bad things about food art is that I wouldn't want to eat it because it looks like someone spent a lot of extra time on it.
    That sneaker burger looks REALLY tasty though...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I guess you can play with your food if you can create works like these. I don't think i would eat any of these either. I can imagine the creator of the edible piano painstakingly positioning every one of those "black keys" in the right place.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Whenever I see creations of art made out of food, I cannot ever imagine eating because then it would be destroyed! I remember when I was little and my Sunday school classes would make gingerbread houses at Christmas, I would never et it because I liked to look at the candy goodness made it something unique. Eating it would ruin everything! :)

    ReplyDelete