Saturday, October 3, 2009

Southern Delicacies

Its great to be home. To me, everything is better at home. The air is cleaner, the people are nicer (for the most part), and the food is definitely more in line with my tastes. Last night when I arrived I got to eat southern delicacies I had not tasted in quite a while. I got to eat true southern fried chicken, not the pre-fried chicken in the dining halls. I got to eat those red hot dogs, and while not necessarily a delicacy, it is still a staple food in the south. But the real prize can when I went to my high school's football game. I got to eat boiled peanuts! They are truly heaven in peanut form. They were perfectly salted, and boiled to the point that they were juicy, but not mushy. Its times like those that make me truly love to be home.

4 comments:

  1. The first thing I had when I got home was my mother's home cooking, and I truly understand what you mean when you say that the food is like heaven(except in food form :]]).

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree, from the environment to the food everything does seem to be better at home. And I love boiled peanuts too! I wish I had some right now...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I concur with Joanathan and you about the environment. Although the air-conditioning in my house doesn't compare to the one from the dorm, sleeping to noon is more relaxing and better yet, I have a preset alarm clock -- my dog.

    :) Looking forward to Tuesday when I get to visit my high school but in regards to food, my grandmother made her infamous fried rice and chocolate rice (both my favorites).

    In all, truly nothing beats home sweet home. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've been having my grandmother's cooking all weekend, so I'm pretty much in heaven. But I really miss the weather. I wore a t-shirt and jeans, but when I stepped off the plane (in Pittsburgh) it was 50 degrees, so that was a shock.

    ReplyDelete