Sunday, October 4, 2009

MEAT!!!!!!!!

I am a meatatarian, in every sense of the word. Please understand, I am not saying that I am a picky eater and I will only eat meat. I will try new vegetables and fruits, but not nearly as readily as I would try a steak marinated in an unusual sauce or ribs that have been fried instead of slow roasted. With this in mind you can only imagine my delight when I woke up yesterday to the smell of red meat on the grill. My parents had truly out done themselves. There were ribs, pork chops, steak, suasage, more meat than I had ever seen being cooked at once. I am certain that there was almost every cut of meat a butcher could make was at some point in time on our grill. Since my stint at Georgia Tech I can recall eating real meat only once before, and that was the last time I visited my house. This only made the meat seem that much richer and juicer as I piled my plate higher and higher. Frankly, for the second day in a row of fall break, I was in food heaven.

4 comments:

  1. It sounds like your having a great weekend. Like you I always enjoy going home if nothing more than the taste of a good cut of meat. I completely agree that it taste so much better after eating at Brittain all the time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sounds like food heaven to me too. Being able to eat high quality meat at home after what we eat at Tech is a great feeling.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had a Ribeye my first time going home from Tech. On the side, a loaded baked potato and Caesar salad. The dining hall is a good option, but I've been missing one of my favorite foods, and its always nice to go home and enjoy dinner with your family. If only my sisters shared my devotion to a good medium steak like I do.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a wonderful way to wake up! I know what you mean about the absence of meat at Tech, as the first thing I did when I got home this weekend was to go out for a steak dinner with my family.

    ReplyDelete