Friday, October 16, 2009

RAYS

Last Sunday, I visited Rays. Rays serves Italian pizzas and calzones and is located just near tech square. The calzone surprised me: first by its size, and then by the flavor. The calzone covered the entire plate. It was probable 10 by 6 inches, huge! Consisting of pepperoni, sausage, rocatto cheese, and other types of cheese, wrapped in a crispy flour breading. I covered the calzone in marinara sauce which added the right about of flavor. The food was great; but as for the service and atmosphere, it was below average. Our waitress was slow and rude. But as for the food, Ray's is definitely recommended.

6 comments:

  1. I love Ray's food. The buffalo chicken strips are huge and they give you like 6 or 7 of them for only 7.50. But you are right the service there is horrible! I notified my waiter that the cheese on a sandwich that I ordered tasted old and her response was "Oh." and then she walked away. Don't worry she did not get a tip from me :p

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know what you mean, i've been to Rays twice now and the service has only been mediocre both times.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Where exactly is Ray's? I know you say it's near Tech Square, but I have never noticed it before.
    Also, calzones are great. Pandini's in the student center has really tasty ones! They even have one which is vegetarian friendly!

    ReplyDelete
  4. very true. the service is average (i think mostly because the servers are college students who don't except much tip from us), but the calzones are GREAT! i made the mistake of ordering one all for myself. this is definitely a meal that you would want to split - its huge!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ray's is located right next to the Barnes and Noble bookstore. My friends and I surprised one of my friends there for his birthday on the second floor. We ordered six large pizzas (2 hawaiian, 2 bbq chick, and 2 supremes). The pizza tasted normal like any other pizza place but the portions were huge so it completed the job. The service was quite better than many of you have written about probably because we had a large group come in. But I saw other smaller groups having problems on waiting on the waiters.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have never even heard of Ray's, but from your descripition I will definitely try it out. I also have never considered eating a calzone, but your post has made it clear that Ray's calzone is a force to be reckoned with. I'll just have to make sure I take enough people that they cannot help but give us good service.

    ReplyDelete