Thursday, October 15, 2009

Decisions, Decisions...

Recently, I took my first trip to the Marble Slab Creamery in Technology Square. Upon entrance, I was overwhelmed. There were so many options. Being the most indecisive girl in the world, I asked the man behind the counter the only question I could manage to put together in my brain. "What do you do here?"
"Just pick a flavor of ice cream and then you can choose from these add-ins," he said as he pointed to over twenty different toppings ranging from Butterfinger pieces to chocolate chips. I seriously had no idea what mixture to concoct. I was so used to walking into ice cream shops, ordering mint chocolate chip on a sugar cone, paying, and going on my merry way. Marble Slab had presented me with a tasty dilemma.
After a few minutes of intense thought, I decided to pick a flavor I knew as my base. I chose Swiss chocolate. For toppings, I added Reeses peanut butter cups and fresh strawberries.
In the end, I had a great dessert and I got a little extra enjoyment out of my experience because I had chosen what to put together to make a fabulous new flavor!

2 comments:

  1. That's really funny how you were so overwhelmed that you asked that question! But, yes, I understand. I love Marble Slab. I always get the Caramel Peanut Butter Crisp -- so good! Also, Cold Stone Creamery is really good. I can't imagine a world without ice cream!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ice cream is amazing! and the ability to choose your own mix-ins is quite fantastic, though it does open the possibility for some not so good concoctions. It makes for a fun time though!

    ReplyDelete