Sunday, October 4, 2009

The Atlanta Greek Festival

This past weekend served host to the Atlanta Greek Festival held at the Annunciation Greek Orthodox Cathedral off Clairmont Road. The Greek Festival is an annual celebration of Greek culture. It contains live Greek music and dancing, shopping, tours of the church, and most importantly, the greatest food in the world. You name it they have it. Lamb on a spit, gyros, souvlaki, potatoes, and, of course, pastries graced the mouths of thousands of lucky visitors with their unearthly taste this year. The meat was tender and bursting with flavor. There is not much more I can say to describe this event besides it was amazing. If you were not able to make it this year, make your attendance a priority next year.

2 comments:

  1. Lamb on a spit? hmmmm I think I will pass on that one! The Greek Festival does sound like a lot of fun so maybe I will have to try next year! I have been to many festivals and really enjoy the atmosphere.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I remember I was watching a "No Reservation's" episode about Greece. There was this pastry made from phyllo dough and a salty cheese. It looked great. But beyond that I don't really know any major foods from Greece. I know seafood is important but what are some staple Greek dishes?

    ReplyDelete