Sunday, October 11, 2009

Sunday Lunch

After church service, some of my friends asked me if I wanted to go the Taste of Atlanta. I didn't know anything about it except that it cost $25 to get in. But somehow my friends convinced me to go there with them instead of dining at Britain. As I paid for admission, I only received fifteen coupons for which I could use to "buy" food, so I knew I was going to have to choose my food wisely.

Some of the foods that I chose were: cheese cake topped with strawberries and blueberries (3 coupons), steak (3 coupons), Kung Pao Chicken (3 coupons), phili-cheese steak (2 coupons), and many more. As I started losing more and more coupons, I realized how precious these coupons really were. Some of the GT students in Management were offering people to complete surveys for one coupon which was totally worth it. I also found one coupon on the road! Although the admission price was a bit expensive, Taste of Atlanta was a great opportunity to try samples of great restaurants in the Atlanta area, and I basically had a twenty-five dollar lunch...

3 comments:

  1. Coupons? I suppose the event handled much differently than I expected it to be: a mass crowd walking freely, trying different foods til one's heart gave out. Did you take any pictures?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have some pictures I'm going to post...but they didn't turn out that great. I was completely stuffed..good thing I brought a tupperware like the frugal pennypincher I am.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I forgot to bring my camera not knowing it was going to be a great event that it turned out to be.

    One of my friends were also thinking about bringing a "to-go box" to the event, but forgot. That would have been a great idea...

    ReplyDelete