Thursday, October 1, 2009

Snaps for Brittain

Well, for all of you out there that claim Brittain has no righteous qualities, I am here to offer you insight into a treasure that I found at our beloved dining hall. Usually, I agree that Brittain offers few choices, most of which are deep-fried and very greasy. But, I discovered a very tasty meal while dining there at lunch yesterday: the gyro. I had never seen this offered before, and I was skeptical at first. Actually, I was so skeptical that I skipped over that line and got a plate full of an alternative meal. But when I sat down with my friends, one of them was munching on the gyro and was raving about how good it was! I tried a bite, and had to go get one. The Gyro is a Greek sandwich-type food that consists of the warm thick pita filled with lamb, lettuce, tomatoes, onion, and a zesty cheesy sauce. The pita is folded and eaten like a taco. The lamb was tender and juicy and the sauce was so authentic! It was a real hit!!

10 comments:

  1. I love lamb and will have to try this gyro sometime soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had one of these yesterday and was also very impressed. When I walked in (it was around 7:15) there was a huge line for the gyros. I figured that if there was such a long line it was probably worth it, so I waited. It was definitely worth it. I've noticed that all of Brittain's specialty foods are good. It's a shame they can't extend that quality to everything else.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hmmm...that gets my mouth watering. I really wish I could that out. I guess bad side of being a vegetarian. Hope they get something similar which vegetarians can try out too. But its really nice to hear that Britain is trying really hard to make some good food. I hardly turn towards Britain but if this is the scenario with more good food on its way, it will be a nice change from Woodies every day to Britain. I am looking forward to it. I would like to say this at the end that its true,"Change is the only constant thing"

    ReplyDelete
  5. There is this chain of restaurants called Pyramid's (found in malls) that sells excellent gyros and I really like the chicken ones so when I saw that Brittain had gyros I said "Alright!" But then I noticed they were lamb...not really my thing. But it's nice to hear they were yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That line always offers good stuff. They give omelets, the gyros, grilled cheese sandwich with tomato soup, and even ice cream! That line is probably my most favorite.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I did the exact same thing and found myself pleasantly surprised by Brittain. That was a drastic change from my normal experiences at the dinning hall. Good job pointing it out.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have discovered that anything with the pita is phenomenal...with the amazing warmth and quality of the pita as a base, the rest just compliments it. I enjoyed my gyro, as well as the chicken/lettuce/cheese version. I believe they've had three different pita selections so far...always an amazing choice.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have tried the same thing but instead of the lamb I had chicken and it was amazing. Have to try it with lamb the next time.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I always enjoy food from that line. Any day with a gyro is a good day. I have heard good things about the gyros at Brittain and intend to try them myself as soon as possible. Anyone who hasn't had lamb needs to try it the next time gyros are at Brittain.

    ReplyDelete