Sunday, September 27, 2009

Woody's vs Brittain


"Can I get a double cheese burger?"
"We don't do no double cheese burgers here!"
*thinking to myself* ok.....

Yes, that happened at West Campus' Woodruff dining hall a couple weeks ago. There are many differences between Woodruff and Brittain; some good and some bad. Many people believe that Woodruff has better food than Brittain, or Brittain has the worst food on campus. Honestly, I think people only think that way because Woodruff's dining hall seems more high tech and offers more food. To most folks, more food implies better food, this is exemplified here on campus at Tech. Woodruff offers two more food stands than Brittain, but that doesn't necessarily that they have better food. In fact, most of the people in my Freshman dorm says that the food isn't all that great. Even if the food at Woodruff is a little better, the hospitality there is horrible as noted above in the conversation that I had earlier. The workers at Woodruff almost seems as if they are directing their anger at you, the customer; which is an outrage in the food service industry. Like my dorm mate said,"they are meaner than retail people." Honestly all I can say is that Woodruff only offers more food, but Brittain makes one feel more comfortable.
What do you guys think?

picture from http://epicurious.blogs.com/photos/uncategorized/2008/01/09/mcdonalds_double_cheeseburger.jpg

3 comments:

  1. Finally, someone standing up for Brittain Dinning Hall. As a matter of fact I don't think you could be more correct. Even though I live on East Campus, I have had the chance of visiting Woodruff dinning hall. In my opinion, since Brittain seems like an older building and the food is more spread out, people think it is bad. In the other hand Woodruff has a completely different display, not so castle like and as you mention more high tech. However, in my opinion both dinning halls serve the same quality of food, both have their different characteristics that can make them both enjoyable or detestable. But i guess it depends on the person experiencing the meal and their preferences.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was at Woodruff near the start of the semester, and they had a sign out saying that they did not serve double cheeseburgers because they used Angus beef, and the demand was higher.

    Having said that, the one hamburger I had at Woody's seemed to have higher quality meat than Brittan's. To me, it's worth it to have that higher quality meat, even if it means there are no doubles.

    In the debate with Woody's vs. Brittan, I can safely say I enjoy Brittan's food...just as I most likely would enjoy Woody's if I got used to it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So I went to Woodruff for the first time this Wednesday while I was visiting friends who live over on West campus. I found the claims of its superiority to Brittain were false. Although they have more selection, they are lacking in a friendly staff. I would also like to note that the seating area is tiny and the chairs uncomfortable. After eating their I can honestly say that I prefer the far more homely feel of Brittain.

    ReplyDelete