Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Cookbook Adventure: How to choose only two

The first cookbook that I choose to discuss is Giada's Family Dinners by Giada De Laurentiis. I choose this book because throughout my life I have eaten half the recipes that are in it. My mom loves cooking Italian food, and quite frankly, I love eating it. You may have seen the show Everyday Italian on the food network with the pretty brunette who cooks. Well that woman is Giada De Laurentiis and man she can cook. She already hosts her own show and has written plenty of books on cooking. In this book, all the particular recipes were targeted for family style meals, hence the many pictures of families enjoying dinner together. The pictures along with descriptions and recipes seemed to follow the same outline throughout the book. The pictures were big and the descriptions were short which made reading it very easy. The books consistent organization provided clarity for anyone reading the book.
My second choice was a cookbook by the name of Better Homes and Gardens New Cookbook. This book targets anyone from beginner cooks to your everyday cooks. It is based from the magazine Better Homes and Goods which is a well respected magazine. This cookbook was also very organized. It had detailed but concise information about the food. I feel that I could easily learn to cook from this book because it talks about not only the recipe but also the appliances to cook it with. While the writing was short, the directions were as detailed as how to cut the meat. The pictures, text, and information all flowed together nicely. This book is a great way to cook without frustration.

No comments:

Post a Comment