Sunday, September 20, 2009

BBQ and Football

This past Saturday, my friend invited me over to his barbeque to eat and watch football. Him and his roommates built their very own barbeque smoker pit. This pit consists of cinder blocks stacked four high in the shape of a rectangle. I was a little skeptical but would later be very impressed with how it performs. Wood chips and charcoal lay on the bottom and metal grates rest on the top cinder blocks. My friends marinated the meat all night and then cooked it for about five hours starting that morning. The huge chunks of meat and ribs sizzled underneath tin foil to hold in the rich smoke. Then a honey glazed barbeque sauce was rubbed on the delicious meat. By the time the food was finished cooking, the meat was falling off the bone it was so tender. As soon as I took a bite, I couldn't believe how much flavor meat could possible have. The sweet and juicy combination was just perfect. They were the best ribs I've ever tasted. I knew as soon I finished that I was going to post about my day. I hope you enjoyed it and if you ever get the chance to eat smoked barbeque, I hope your experience is as great as mine.

5 comments:

  1. Your blog reminded me of a distinct memory I have with my family and relatives during a cookout we had one spring. We held it by our neighborhood lake and the only thing that kept it from being perfect were the annoying bugs that kept trying to eat our food. But anyway, the way you described the meat is very near to how I remember it. It sounds like you had great food and lots of fun Saturday. Thanks for sharing your experience!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was also reminded of some family memories. My family on my mom's side was always into barbeques during the summer, and we would usually all get together for one on holidays like Memorial Day or the 4th of July (or just some random weekend). Barbeques are some of my favorite meals.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My dad owns a smoker. Every now and then on a Saturday morning he is out on the deck with a magazine with pork on the smoker. He is pretty dedicated to it, and I don't really blame him since the pork is always incredibly tender and nicely flavored.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My family has always been big meat eaters, especially my dad, as he has a smoker and a grill that he loves to use. Reading your blog made me hungry for ribs, even though it in the morning. I have not had them in a long time and reading about grilling out in general made me hungry for them and for the family times that we spent outside together cooking and eating.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I wanted to thank you for this excellent read!! I definitely loved every little bit of it. I have you bookmarked your site to check out the new stuff you post. Best BBQ smoker UK

    ReplyDelete