Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Custard Surprise

I hate cake. I absolutely hate it. Other than the occasional slice of red velvet, the only kind of cake I will eat is ice cream cake. I do however love pies, whether it is an apple pie, cherry pie, or lemon pie. So its not hard to imagine that the first item on Britian's desert bar that grabbed my attention was a cupcake size lemon pie.

I could hardly believe my luck. So far Britian had been lacking horribly when it came to desert options. If I did not want ice cream then I was just going to have to go without desert. But today Britian redeemed itself. It had finally thrown down the desert gauntlet, and I was pleased, at first.

As I made my way back to the table I was filled with excitement. I was getting a genuine taste of home, from the Britian Dining Hall no less! I bit into that wonderful little pie and.......it was custard. Not lemon, but a cleverly disguised traitor to the pie world. Custard belongs in pastries, not in cupcake sized pies! It was enraging! How dare Britian cause my hopes to soar only to make them get shot down in an instant. At the very least they should have placed a sign warning that the pies weren't lemon, just clever disguised custard pies!

There was only one way to rid the world of that custard evil. I had to eat it. As I took that second bite I realized this was going to be a difficult undertaking. Eventually, there was no more custard to eat. I had managed to rid the world of one more evil food in disguise.

3 comments:

  1. This is rather funny, and I have had a similar story(though it might be really different). The story is similar in a way that you expect to eat/drink something but it was completely different. Alright, so, I was on a date with my girlfriend and we both had a drink: I had milk and she had lemonade. As I was reaching over to grab my drink I ended up grabbing hers on accident. I drank her lemonade expecting it to be sweet, and to my demise, it was rather sour. Oh, and I don't really like cake all that much either. :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a funny story. Yeah I know what you mean about foods in disguise. I know it has happened to me on more than a few occasions. Sometimes you never know what you are getting. I also wanted to say I think your writing style is excellent. Both here and on our graded blog post you have done an excellent job at keeping a reader entertained. Keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The dining halls really do have some weird desserts. If you can't find pie one day, I would definitely recommend their Fruit Loop rice krispie treats! These original creations may sound like the weirdest dessert one could ever eat, but they are seriously sensational! The fruity blend of the cereal mixed with the crispy sweetness of the rice krispie will make you want more. I know you love pie, but if you're ever looking for a change, this might just be the one to make.

    ReplyDelete