Thursday, September 24, 2009

Late Night Desires

Have you ever noticed at Tech that you always get hungry at the most odd and inconvenient times? Usually just a little after 10, right after the dinning halls have closed their doors for the night? And sure you could walk to Wingnuts, but we all know how sketch North Ave is late at night/early in the morning. Luckily there is Campusfood.com. This is one of the more clever website businesses aimed towards college students. Campusfood compiles a list of all restaurants near Georgia Tech, telling you which ones deliver and which ones are still open at incredibly insane hours of the morning, using convenient little icons such as bikes and open doors. The website also splits foods by category so you don't have to go through a long list to find what restaurant fits your fancy for the night. If you want pizza, Campusfood make sure you don't have to look through Chinese restaurants to find the pizzeria you want. And you get all this service for only an additional 75 cents on top of the cost you are paying to the restaurant. So when you get the those late night desires for food, I would highly suggest using Campusfood to meet your needs.

6 comments:

  1. very true coye! i used campusfood to find the number and memu for lucky china
    they don't have complete info on every resturant but it's altogether pretty helpful

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, this is really cool. Now that I look through the website, it looks familiar so I think that I've seen this before, but it was on a friend's computer and I wasn't aware what the website was. I'm probably going to use this a lot for my late night snacks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Might be handy late nights after the dining hall closes but before my eyelids close. I have packets of Ramen noodles that I can fix quickly and cheaply. Other than my Buzzcard, I can't justify to myself spending freely on late night foods when I have an unlimited meal plan. But if I happen to find $10 of so in my pocket one morning, I don't think Ill complain.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, I definitely didn't know about this. This is wonderful to know, considering the fact that it's 11:43 and I am hungry.
    I really like how the website even shows at first view which restaurants are closed. It's really user friendly.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I know what you mean Coye, I usually get hungry right around 9:30, right when Brittain has stored up about all of their good meal options. Campusfoods has help through those hungry night quite a few times already. After reading this, I am already half considering ordering Wingnuts right now.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Im so glad i read your post because i had no idea this existed! Coye, i definetely know what you mean, sometimes my stomach is asking for food at 11 pm or even midnight. But is not just the odd times at which I get hungry, but sometimes im just not in the mood for dinning hall food so it is great to know that this resource is available.

    ReplyDelete